To TWILIGHT or not.

Two more nights 'till twilight opens in movie houses everywhere (except that one along Claveria) and I'm still in doubt if I will go catch it. Wasn't able to read the book. Wasn't enticed by the trailer and, wasn't a fan of vampire after the infamous Maria Lobo (with accent) came out.

But I have this eagerness and curiosity to watch and judge the movie myself. It had mixed reviews in the US, and a rotten status in rottentomatoes.com, but the box-office receipts are somewhat contradicting. (Go check out box office listing). They said that you wouldn't appreciate the film if you haven't read the book, which is of course not in line with my expertise.(reading)."The movie turned out to be nothing but a chick flick of fake fangs", says someone in the forum, "The chemistry of the two leads is undeniably vibrant and affectionate", says another one. The latter turned out to be an avid fan of the book, while the former is a certified macho who loves blood bathe and R rated films. Whose side are you in favor now?

Anyway, I have my own analysis. I loved Perfume: The Story of a Murderer though it was inferior in reviews and I haven't read the novel first. I love Interview with the Vampire, and Underworld which in fact is something about creatures with emphatic tooth. So, I'll go watch it on wednesday, and if this turn out to be good, Thanks. And if it isn't, well Bolt might save my day.

No comments: