The Mis-takes of Agent X44


Finally, last January 17,2007 Vhong Navarro's long awaited movie was released and as expected,crowd of people flocked the theaters to see it, and I was one of those people.

Since, D'Anothers. I call myself an avid Vhong Navarro movie fan. I made a decision that every Vhong Navarro movie coming up, I would see it on the very first day of release and the first full show available(that is to skip also the line of people buying tickets during the middle shows), and last wednesday I succesfully saw the movie as what I have planned, I watched it on the first and the last full show!

During the movie, I found some disturbing elements,undue gimmicks and faults commited by the film, making it not boring though, but let's just say,they could have done better.

A.) The way Pokwang talk makes me think of Amy Perez doing her own style of hosting in Pera O Bayong, not very likely though,but similarly...yes.

B.) The effects were not convincingly good, it would have been much better if they stick to the cartoons type.hehe..just joking,Im not blaming Bb.Joyce Bernal..let's just say that the movie (as what other filipino films do) suffered from our visual effects technology's,low performance and obsulity.

C.) The scene where Mustafa made a grand entrance was so typically pinoy, unstable flying and strings attached landing,uh! the fight scenes in D'Anothers during Vhong and Jhong flight on top of the haunted house was great,what happen to that thing?

D.) The acting of Toni Ferrer ( Agent X44,senior citizen edition) is lifeless and kinda-amateur as an actor.(no hard feelings)

E.) The scene after the awarding of Vhong's "Bravery" where the agents on stage danced to the tune of "chickboy" was so corny, they could have deleted that scene and find some better idea to replace it. Toni Ferrer's dancing was horrifyingly 80's.

But, the entire movie was good though, the fight scenes, the comedy, the over-all Vhong Navarro-Joyce Bernal tandem greatness was there, except those things I've written, the movie was excellent, and worthy of payment....and waiting.

I still consider the movie "D'Anothers" the best among Vhong Navarro's films. But Agent X44 was still second on my list.

And lastly, I must congratulate the movie as they have (for me) the most brilliant Musical Scoring ever for a comedy in the entire Philippine Cinema!

No comments: